* YOUR daily dose of CAFFEINE

Sunday, March 4, 2007



Well, I am back to NZ, back to reality, back to working as the REAL Trainee Intern, instead of being some random medical student that showed up in the wards occasionally when she felt liked it in Kch, or.. Taiwan. Now I know why I am paid for.

Invercargil. Not a good place to conquer my home sickness that attacks me relentlessly from time to time. Oh well. What can't kill you makes you stronger.

Currently working my arse off in Paediatrics Department. No, I don't like kids, I really don't. The fact that the patient left me with her 6 weeks old baby in my arms for 10 minutes while she was chasing after her 3year old ADHD son did not help in alleviating my 'childrenophobia'. I stared at the little round chubby face wondering how the hell is she so chubby yet her mouth is micro. Her head reminds me of a football. She stared back at me fearlessly. Fine, I am too bitchy to be lovely.

Dodgy doctor tried to hit on me. NIGHTMARE. Seriously, it's scary if you don't see it coming. To make the matter worse, he is your BOSS! I barred his calls, and that would explain the stare I got from him this morning. I thought he is going to burn a hole in me by staring so hard. If only he is some breath-taking Keanu Reeves-like Asian.

Weird subnormal consultant, the big boss. He thought he is GOD. I would be happy if I can get a 6 out of 10 from him. I will make him a crown out of chocolate.

Dr. A that speaks so slow that I have to mentally count until 10 before I start talking for fear that he might throw daggers at me as I 'interrupt ' his talk.



It's pretty quiet this morning. No admissions so far (finger cross! I am on call tonight). The nurse made Brian and Me drank a cupful of PEDIALYTES. It's a syrup that is designed for children with diarrhoea to replenish their lost electrolytes/nutrients. BUBBLE GUM FLAVOUR. Yes, bubble gum. She frowned as we actually enjoyed it ( taste like Malay drinks ...you know , those pinkish liquid) and asked for another cup. HAHA. Her rationale is that she makes all the doctors taste PEDIALYTES because that's the thing that we keep prescribing to the kids. Obviously, the kids hate it.

Oh , Brian and I managed to sneak into the staff ofice and ate a slice of chocolate cake. I am not sure if it's meant for us, but he tempted me to sin. Oh, which reminds me that I talked to the doctor with a mouthful of chocolate cake in the clinic just now without hiding my theft. S**T.


New born babies are like monkeys. 'OH, SHE IS SOOOO CUTE'. ' Erhm, it's a he.' See? First of all, newborn babies all look alike, like monkeys. And 2nd of all, you cant even tell the gender and you think he/she is cute? How sad that is!

Labels:



* Dreaming is like lollies to the souls_ 11:37 PM