* YOUR daily dose of CAFFEINE

Friday, January 12, 2007



YO YO YO, weekends is here!!!!
After the six am routine alarm wake up call, finally.....I can sleep in tomorrow.



Went to Jackie's to return the bridal gowns. To be honest, he is such a sweet talker. He gives c0mpliments that won't make you feel happy and uneasy too. Such purposeful compliments are hardly impressive.



Anyway, 5 more weeks before I leave for NZ. Sigh, time flies. Don't really feel like going back. Life is good without going to hospital and clerking patients. I am impressed by most of my colleagues who show huge interests in their jobs. C'mon, life is not all about Medicine, there are lots of interesting stuff out there like relationships, binge eating, sleeping in, late-night movies so and so. To me, to be interested in what I do at all times is too much to fake.




One of my friends failed the Fifth Year Final Examinations. To be honest, I am very surprised. She is one of the top students, the one who is always confident, know-what-I-am-talking-about person and a scholar. I am sure this is too much for her to handle. That's the thing about medical students, you are living in pretense that theoretically, you are smarter than most people around you because you are studying Medicine. Theoretically, doctors should be smarter than people who aren't doctor (which is a big myth).To fail in any exams means that you are going to be labeled as a failure, either by your colleagues, or sometimes even yourself. Personally, this is mostly about the ego. We make-believe that it's NOT okay to fail because by right, medical students got brains that function at a higher IQ. It's a harsh impact on the ego if we 'righteously' fail. C'mon, we are mere humans who barely use 10% of our brain capacities, remember?




Having said that, I will still cry if I failed. Hey, I am such a hippocrite! ADOHAI!!!

Labels:



* Dreaming is like lollies to the souls_ 4:37 AM