Monday, August 3, 2009
Today is my kid's birthday.
Oh, I refer most of my junior doctors 'my children'.
I managed to buy him a delicious peach fruit cake.
The rests were kind enough to stay back waiting for us sending a bleeder to Intensive Care Unit before we changed ourself to a happier tune and cut the cake.
WX was even more pathetic. He hugged the patient's file that he was half discharging to 2 levels above just to be in time for the cake. Oh, did I mention he took the stairs?! ' Eating cake is more important than discharging patient' as he claimed.
SL took ages to come. I texted her saying: ASAP. The cake is desaturating and haemodynamically unstable. We have to CPR soon... ( or more accurately resuscitate ourselves with the cake because we were so freaking hungry!)
We doctors tend to 'medicalize' everything nowadays.
Happy birthday kiddo, you are one year closer to death.* Dreaming is like lollies to the souls_
4:49 AM